from Gracie of woolgathering & miscellany
If I were to get married now... I wouldn't change a whole lot.
Frankly, I'm glad I got married young and poor, otherwise I'd probably be stressing about booking The Flashdance, blog-worthy floral arrangements, and wondering if I'd get to be on ESB. It was perfectly imperfect.
That said, here are some things I would do differently now:
1) Not wear a dress made from flammable material, rather this hot little Ann Demeulemeester number above (shoes and all).
2) Forgo the stripper satin red opera length gloves and don these white versions of my black Hermes bracelets.
3) Wear these (incredibly affordable) MiniCyn diamond-like studs. I'm very picky about jewelry and tend to wear the sh*t out of a few simple pieces. It's hard for me to add new staples, but French designer MiniCyn has somehow worked her way into the regular rotation.
4) Would've tried to spruce up the dive bar a little. Perhaps with some DIY Confetti System inspired adornments & definitely some white catholic religious candles with personalized labels.
5) Made this Digby & Iona diamond signet ring my wedding ring. It comes with wax to seal your letters with! I plan on getting it now anyway.
6) Would've had Neil Hamburger perform our marriage on stage instead of just performing stand-up at the reception.