Monday, November 30, 2009
This morning the mechanic told H-town that his 96 Chrysler, affectionately known as The Cruiser, needs $2,000 worth of work. $2,000 we don't have that is frankly not worth pouring into the poor beast.
We've been talking theoretically about sharing a car for more than a year, but now that we're faced with it I have this funny feeling in the pit of my stomach. We both work from home (ish). We have a supermarket in walking distance. Not to mention Little Joy, Mohawk General Store, and the Friday night farmer's market. (As if I ever leave the house.)
So what's the big deal?
I thought maybe it would help me to make a list of pros and cons. If you have any suggestions to add, I'd love to hear em.
1. We'll save money on car insurance. Obv.
2. We'll only have to worry about ONE CAR getting dinged on our crazy narrow street.
3. We'll only have to guerrilla park ONE CAR when we leave town for christmas.
4. H-town will have the perfect excuse not to keep a schedule.
5. I won't have to feel sheepish about making my friends pick me up on the way to the bar.
1. I WON'T HAVE MY OWN CAR.
Meh. When did I turn into such an Angelino?
(King of the road by Jenny Nordberg via woolgathering & miscellany)